When trying to cast to a Chromecast through the BT Homehub 5 there are sometimes problems streaming, this is usually because Smart Setup is enabled on the home hub.
To disable Smart setup:
- Open the web browser on a computer or device connected to your Hub and go to http://bthomehub.home to open the Hub Manager. Click on Advanced Settings.
- Enter the admin password. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password.
- Click on Continue to Advanced Settings.
- Click on Home Network and then Smart Setup.
- Click to turn the Smart Setup off and then click Apply.
Then test the casting again.